How To Diagnose Poultry Infections From Their Poops

The two major types of poultry dropping are normal and abnormal poops. Although, the chicken droppings (poops) can vary in shapes, colours, textures and even odour. The Main factor that contribute to that may be as a result of diet in their feeds or diseases/infections. The atmospheric conditions may be a collaborating factor as chicken drink more water in hot weather which can make their droppings watery. By close observation, one will be able to determine if there is health problem among the birds. This may not be 100% accurate but it majorly gives insight of necessary steps to take in poultry health management. This article will be helpful in analysis of normal droppings according to the diet and other factors for you not worry unnecessarily.
Normal dropping is of shade of brown, solid with a small covered white on top. The solid part is the feaces while the white part is the uric acid (urine). Other colours of droppings may range from brown to green, yellow, black, blue, orange, watery white or even red. 

Below are the common colours and problems to observe in your chicken droppings (poops):

a) Yellow poop; this can possibly be caused by Coccidiosis, intestinal worms, or kidneys disease. It is most likely to be caused by intakes flowers, strawberries or tomatoes and feed that's highly rich with corn. If the symptoms persist after changing their feed, one can treat coccidiosis and deworm the birds. Read more on Poultry Medication And Vaccination.

b) Greenish poop is possibly cause by intestinal worms of Marek's disease or avian flu but the most likely causes are diet rich in vegetables, herbs, grass, weeds and plants of all kinds, if not from that, one need to treat viral infection.

c) Black dropping is possibly caused by internal bleeding while the most likely cause: Ingestion of charcoal, wood ash, dark berries. Droppings can be of blue colour due to a diet rich in red cabbage or beet. You just need to ensure that you treat your birds with coccidiostat as at when due.

d) Highly liquid white manure could be caused by fungal Infection of the Cloaca, wind gleet, kidney damage due to a too high-protein diet, stress, internal disease while most likely cause is drinking of excess water due to hot weather or eating large amounts of fruit like watermelon.

e) The possible cause of Liquid Brown droppings are Infection of e. coli or respiratory system infections such as bronchitis, so the consistency of faeces will look more of a pudding and this can occur at a frequency of once every 7-8 filing of droppings, which is quite normal. If continue for long time than normal, go for treatment of viral infections.

f) Big pile of Brown droppings occurs when a hen hatches her eggs during a long period (brooding), rather than drop a dozen of droppings per day, she will hold them off until she leaves the nest and drop a few large droppings a day. Also, the first droppings in the morning can have this look right out of the dorm. This type of dropping is completely normal.

g) Orange droppings is possibly caused by coccidiosis or lead poisoning. The probable cause is inflammation of the intestinal wall. The Orange particles are sometimes confused for blood. This situation is quite normal on occasion and subsides naturally over small period of time.

On usual occasion, there is nothing to worry about the colour and texture of poultry droppings, especially if you can identify the cause. On the other hand, there are events that you will never want to see like blood in the stool which is a clear sign of coccidiosis and/or serious intestinal illness. If you suspect this, start anticoccidiosis treatment or consult you vet doctor immediately. Other one is seeing worms in the droppings which is a serious parasite disease of the intestine. Read more on Poultry Worms.

For quick updates and comments, follow us on our social media connects; FacebookPageTwitterHandle and Instagram.  You can also subscribe and watch videos on our YouTube channel.  At Artib Farm, we materialize your satisfaction!

Comments

  1. This is very helpful. Thank you. More power to your elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has really worked and I am proud to testify of it. I saw a post on how a lady got her man back by Dr Jato. He helped her to get her Ex Husband back. My Husband divorce me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have try to let go of him but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back to me. I visit a forum one day for tips to get him back and there is saw a lady testifying of how Dr Jato helped he to get her man back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman and Dr Jato was the one that help her. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr Jato helped me to bring back my man after 2 days and now my relationship is now perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently spell does not only bring back someone you love but it will also re-ignite your lovers feelings for you to be as happy with that person. My man now treats me like a queen and always say he love me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship Email him for urgent help.E-mail: jatolovespell@gmail.com or WhatsApp/Call him at +2348140033827
    thank you Dr Jato for the help..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENTLY.Full Dr AKIOYA Penis Enlargement Cream when used will Increase in penis length by 1-5 inches Increase in penis width by 20%helps in preventing Premature Ejaculation.Achieved longer, rock hard erections All gains in penis length and width are 100% permanent Full AKIOYA Penis Enlargement Cream is also:100% Herbal, 100% Safest with no side effect and its of two types I have the one for enlargement and for reduction and your advised to uhello everyone here i want to tell the whole world about Dr AKIOYA herbal mixture cream ...Dr AKIOYA penis enlargement herbal cream in Africa.This is the only Male Penis Enlargement Cream has been used by men around the world like USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA,BELGIUM,SWEDEN,GERMANY,UK,SINGAPORE,MALAYSIA AND SO MANY MORE supplement that has been PROVEN to-enlarge your penis – safely, quickly, and importantly – PERMANse it by message 100% Satisfaction and Money Back Guarantee. DR. AKIOYA , About my products i have herbal cream and oil 100% Permanent Guaranteed resulting it on your body where you feel you want to reduce or enlarge which will help you to be strong and you get the desirable size you want-within 3-5 days and when you get your desirable size you are advised to stop using it and the results you gain will remain permanent We also do deliveries all over AFRICA, and worldwide so i would like to know first when do you need the product.for more information call or whatsapp Dr.AKIOYA +2348105257464 email drakioya17spellhome@gmail.com or visit his website http://drakioyaherbalcenter.home.blog
    https://drakioyaherbalhome.blogspot.com/ NOTE DR SALATO OF AFRICA ALSO HAVE HERBAL REMEDIES TO TO SICKNESSES OR DISEASES BELOW PENIS ENLARGEMENT,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,DIABETES type 1 and type 2 HERPES GENITAL WART,LOW SPERM COUNT,WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT,PROSTRATE CANCER,HIV/AIDS SPELL OF ALL KINDS LIKE EX BACK,CANCEL DIVORCE,BREAK UP SPELL ,PREGNANCY SPELL,PROMOTION SPELL,JOB SPELL, ALS, HPV 123,PILE,ASTHMA,HEART FAILURE,PREMATURE EJACULATION,HEPATITIS A,B,C AND MANY MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO EVERYONE
    Dr afrid has really be so wonderful to me i will always testify of his greatness in my life who could have believe Dr Afrid herbal herbs cured me from my herpes virus which i was having for the past 4 year,i came across drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com on a page of how to treat herpes virus and i saw a lot of testimony of how great Dr Afrid has helped them in there various problems and situations and his mobile numbers were also on each testimony +2349056393547
    to contact him, because i needed help to get rid of my herpes virus i wrote him on whats app and told him what i was passing through!dear friends all Dr AFRID ask me was not much to make sure am cured from my herpes virus, remember health is wealth, he sent me a herbal remedy for the cure of my herpes virus i was so much happy because after drinking the herbs as i was instructed by him i went to the hospital for checkup to my surprise my herpes result came out negative i will recommand drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com to anyone who need his help you can also 
    ...Thanks Dr...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Broiler

Organic Treatment of CRD in Broilers

Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Layer